Pages

Sunday 6 June 2010

37/365 MISI

Today you get a break from my photos, as this blog is all about MISI (Make It Sell It) a wonderful on-line crafting community. MISI has been going for a couple of years now, I'm not sure when it actually started, but I discovered it back in September of last year.
It is first and foremost a shop, well I suppose its really more like a department store, with over 7000 members who make all the items available for sale. And what a range of items, you can get anything from hand-made personalised greetings cards, exquisite jewellery, fun jewellery, soaps, candles, knitted and crocheted items, adults and childrens clothing, artwork, photographic prints, wedding accessories and much much more. So if you want that perfect individual gift for someone, then MISI should be your first port of call.
As well as being a place to buy and sell it is also a real community, most of the sellers, who also tend to buy from each other, take part in the forums which are very supportive. If someone is having a bad day or just feeling a bit low they have only to go on to the forum and have a little moan about life in general or something in particular, and lots of others will come along and give them a few words of encouragement.
When I first joined MISI I opened my own little shop to sell some of my knitted items, but I was encouraged to join in the forums, and since then have made many, many friends, most of them virtual only at this stage, but also some of us girls who live close to each other have met up on a few occasions to share lunch and put the world to rights.
I'm not going to suggest that you go to my shop, as most of my knitted items are winter wear so I dont have much listed at the moment, but several people I would recommend you visit are listed here, with clickable links to their shops. If you are a fellow MISIan who would like me to include a clickable link to your shop then please leave a comment at the bottom with your speciality and the URL to your shop, and I'll add you to the list.
MornieG makes fabulous jewellery, and also has a destash shop for fabrics
Talking Beads and Craft Cupboard (one lady, 2 shops) sells beaded and other lovely crafted items
Rosytint knits and sews the most beautiful items
Jewels of Isis is another beautiful jeweller
Magic Making Hands has numerous skills, just take a look at her shop
Miss Mary Elliot, another unique jeweller
CMCrafts makes beautiful cards
Mimi is an artist with a unique style
Hennie, another knitter and sewer (read stitcher rather than drains here!)
JustKJewellery makes really interesting items using resin.
Spratsie is a modeller with, again, a unique style.
Tazbride makes and alters wedding dresses
House of Istria specializes in wedding accessories, but as she is a relatively new crafter doesn't yet have any stock in her shop.
This is just a very short list to give you an idea of the variety of items available on MISI, but the best way to find out is to visit yourself, either through the main link at the top, or through any of these shops.

9 comments:

Jean said...

What a lovely blog Joy. Thank you so much for mentioning us all. x x

MornieG said...

Thanks so much Joy. Numpty here doesn't know how to follow blogs and doesn't have one herself but I have been keeping track and clicking on to yours with great interest. Love it Joy and the photographs are fab and improving all the time. Mo.XX

Just K Jewellery said...

you put me to shame Joy - fab blog post. Off to my own blog now to write about MISI looney listers...

Rachael said...

Nice one Joy! especially like the comment re Hennies shop LOL

Daisy said...

Thank you so much for mentioning me! hugs xx

Magic Making Hands said...

thank you for the nemtion :-)

hennie said...

Thanks for the mention AND the clarification lol. Great blog as always, Joy.

Busy Little Chicken said...

Good blog Joy! I need to get some cards made as I haven't updated my site for ages (hence not selling anything!!!!) Now seeing how everyone is now really enthusiastic, it has given me that extra kick up the backside to get back into it again!! Sometimes it's soooo hard to get into the swing of things!!! Hopefully I will start listing during the coming week!!! Thanks everyone!!!!!!!

House of Istria said...

Thank you so much Joy xxx