Pages

Wednesday 16 June 2010

47/365 Instead of the gym

which costs money, I went for a ride on my dear old trusty bike, which was free.
And you get to see a bit more of Devizes.
Firstly the church, with canon ball holes in the tower, reputedly shot by Oliver Cromwell's men during the civil war.



Next we come to Brownstone House, which at least one of my readers will recognise, as she works there (this was taken at 10.30 am Jean, so I dont think you were in at the time!)




A quick detour to the wharf




The Brewery is a very imposing building, and the smell emanating from same is quite delicious.
(I'm not sure how this writing got here, its part of the script for the photo, but I cant seem to get rid of it!)

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjq-Ixb4op3PdI1Tpr3ahuV_AWtmPnojcT1V9DZkhXmDmnZB9UtocCklG0ozjWdhnHTNL-jDoxOV90-qKfx8f-2_AMQDymSRS8nmKDpxdtqAO4rKKkgtdi2Mc0rVqGuHmBop-xLMb7aWnA/s1600/16ebrewery.jpg">

The green with the white horse beyond




Across the canal and almost home again.




I hope you enjoyed my bike ride as much as I did.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos, made the bike ride more enjoyable I should think.

lampwork beads by jo said...

what a lovely place to go on a bike ride :0)

Jean said...

We are so lucky to live here Joy. I was not at Brownston House until 1.00
By the way, I used to work on reception at Wadworth Brewery too!!The only two office jobs I have had and you have pictured both!

Rachael said...

Loved the tour of Devizes.
I too have just dusted off my bicycle ready to take to France. It's not been ridden for almost four years as I had put my back out....hope I don't do that again.
I'll be back to read your Blog just as soon as we get back in mid July. Happy blogging Joy and I hope the Studio continues to go to plan,

Anonymous said...

Ooh ... I'll look out for the cannon ball holes next time I'm there.