Pages

Tuesday 22 June 2010

51/365 Janet



This is my dear friend Janet, we have been friends since the spring of 1970, just after she got married to Roy, and just after I found out I was pregnant with Eddie (first son), so we go back a long way. Very soon after we met she and Roy moved to a brand new house in Tollesbury, Essex and 40 years on they still live in the same house.
Yesterday (summer solstice) was Janet's 60th birthday, and her delightful family laid on a surprise birthday barbecue for her (which coincided with father's day), to which I was invited. I am now living in Wiltshire, so the trip to Tollesbury involved an overnight stop at Ed's place in Fetcham on Saturday, and another overnight stop to break the homeward journey at my Mum's in Theydon Bois on Sunday.
It was wonderful to see the look of surprise and joy (no pun intended) on Janet's face when I arrived, and I am pleased to say that I spent a really happy afternoon and evening in the company of all her friends and family.
Special thanks must go to Janet's daughter-in-law Sue firstly for the invitation, and secondly for doing the lion's share of the organising. Thankyou Sue, it was a great day, and one I shall remember for a long time.

No comments: