Pages

Friday 25 June 2010

54/365 Out with the old and in with the new

Do you prefer to cook with gas, or electricty?
I loved the kitchen in our house the moment I saw it, and wasn't, at the time, put off by the fairly new ceramic hob - however, same hob has reduced its working rings from four to three and then from three to two, so rather than waste time and money getting it fixed we bit the bullet and changed it for a gas one, which was fitted today.



This evening I cooked bangers and mash for tea, with broccoli and m/waved onions (how about a blog about this meal, Nim?), and it was wonderful to have such resposive rings that you could see the boiling bubbles reducing in number and frequency as you turned the control down. This simply DOES NOT happen with electricty. Oh thank you so much, Mr. Gas Hob fitter, you are the best thing that has happened to me all week.

3 comments:

Joy said...

I totally agree with you. I have electric and I hate how unresponsive it is. The trouble is there is no gas in our village so my only option would be bottled. Happy cooking

Anonymous said...

That is so weird, I was only having this conversation yesterday. During my early life I used gas, but as landlords got a bit safety conscious and started making flats all electric, I had to make do with the dreaded latter. For 33 years I have used electric and I still cannot stand it. There is so little control on the hob, I could go on and on but I won't.
Glad you like your new hob - I envy you :-)

Busy Little Chicken said...

Hello Joy, I've been offline for a while as my computer went 'BANG' ! Well, slight exaggeration there, but it got corrupted, so lost everything!!!
Still, after searching for my blogs that I follow, felt I had to comment on this part!! (Sorry its late!!) Had the same feeling about electric, but where I live there is no gas, but have discovered my INDUCTION hob!!! Sooooo impressed, like gas, (Upidownable!), and it will only work with certain saucepans, so you cant put plastic/wood (as I have done in the past!!) as it wont switch on!!!! Witchcraft I say, but works so well!!! Do love your gas hob though, very nice!!!