Pages

Thursday 29 July 2010

88/365 Kitchen

I love my kitchen. I mean I really, really LOVE my kitchen. It is THE main reason for buying this house. It is big (two smaller rooms knocked into one), it has simply loads and loads of cupboards and storage space, a really decent breakfast bar and a huge amount of worktop area - which I have mostly managed to clutter up with electrical appliances!



Here it is as viewed through the archway in the dining room. I love the colour scheme of black with light wood, not one I would have thought of myself but it looks really good. It is such a lovely kitchen that I spend far more time in it than anywhere else in the house.
I love to cook, too. Nothing poncy or fancy (please dont take this personally Nim), just common or garden plain home cooking, and what could be better than using home grown produce?



This is last night's tea. Obviously I bought the beef from a local butcher, and my leeks aren't yet ready so this is a shop bought one, but the rest of the ingredients shown are from the garden, in fact the carrots had only been out of the ground for about 15 minutes when I took this shot. The addition of a few mixed herbs, some black pepper and a handful of lentils all cooked really slowly for about 4 hours made this into the most delicious beef casserole. Served with fresh crusty rolls, you will just have to take my word that it was a super meal, because I forgot to take a photo of the finished product.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

I can see why your kitchen was a big deciding factor in buying your home...it's really nice and modern.
I love my kitchen too, DH made it for me a few years ago now, but it still looks nice. I did the tiling and the wallpapering.
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/rachael.barman/KitchenApril2004?authkey=Gv1sRgCNmEqJXD6bjbPQ#5500344556134708594

Nim Headland said...

Ooh. I like your kitchen too. I am so looking forward to having my own kitchen again.