Pages

Monday 13 December 2010

225/365 Various

Had quite a weekend one way and another, although for the life of me I cant remember what we were doing to make it pass so quickly.
I did have my very first sale on Folksy, which was a wonderful surprise, and I had an order for a couple more headbands from the lady who bought the last one, so I shall be busy on those this week.
I had problems uploading pictures to my Folksy shop, I tried on my PC which has an older version of Firefox, I tried on Rog's PC which has a newer version of Firefox, and I tried on the windows PC which has Internet Explorer, and it wouldn't work on any of them. I thought it was probably at their end, as I had no problems uploading to Facebook or Blogger, so I emailed Folksy support and they were very helpful, telling me what they thought the problem might be. Then, this morning, Rog decided our router needed rebooting, and lo and behold I can now upload pictures to Folksy, so the problem was right under my desk after all!
This is the blanket I put in my shop today, only I have to say that the picture as it shows on here is very unflattering to what is really quite a pretty blanket, in shades of pink and edged in lilac (not grey as it appears here!)



And now to catch up on the Reverb10, days 11-13

December 11 – 11 Things What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)

Gosh, I'm not sure I can find 11 things I'd like to get rid of, but here goes:
1) Like a few others I could do with getting rid of about 20 kilos of body weight - diet and exercise should help and then I will feel comfortable and happy in my skin and my clothes.
2) I sure know I could manage to live without back-ache . . . (as above)
3) . . and stress incontinence (after 4 babies my pelvic floor muscles are useless, and getting worse as I get older!) - pelvic floor exercises!
4) I would like to get rid of an extremely unpleasant next-door-neighbour, but failing that I would like to get rid of the feelings I have for him which are spoiling my otherwise comfortable and happy life. Each time he pops into my mind I must focus on something pleasant instead.
5) I seriously cant think of anything else, I am very happy with where I am in my life, physically and emotionally, and I dont want for anything personally.

December 12 – Body Integration This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn’t mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present? (Author: Patrick Reynolds)

We like to climb hills, and often at the top of a hill when I can see for miles, especially down here in Wiltshire, I have this feeling of calm and wellbeing and at peace with myself.

December 13 – Action When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step? (Author: Scott Belsky)

Susan Jeffers has a saying, which I try to live by - feel the fear and do it anyway. So next year I shall work through my fears and DO, rather than just THINK.

1 comment:

Chrissy C said...

Excellent news on your sale Joy. And I loved reading all those little statements and you managed to find something interesting for each one - most applies to myself also. I was stuck on a couple, but you sailed through them.

xx