Pages

Wednesday 15 December 2010

227/365 How exciting!

The WAAA have a fairly new fund-raising team, with whom I have been exchanging emails, and they have asked me to pop in and say "hello" to them in the New Year, and have a look at the helicopter, I'm so excited.

In the mean time I had another sale from my Folksy shop yesterday, wow, that two sales in two weeks! I wonder why I stayed with MISI for so long, I guess it was just because the people (other sellers) on there are so nice, it certainly wasn't the site administrators, who seem to have abandoned ship. Here is my Folksy listing for today, you can view it here.



and now for todays Reverb10

Prompt: 5 minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.

The main event from 2010 was the birth of my first granddaughter, and staying in Surrey with the proud parents to help them through the first couple of weeks.
Rog and I spent a magical and very short weekend in Devon, revisiting a few favourite places from when the boys were young, and just spending time on our own together away from home.
I learned a lot from my OU course, I would hate to forget any of that.
The renovation of an old shell of an outbuilding in our garden into an office and a studio has given us both a huge amount of personal space and I've had a great deal of enjoyment just filling it up with all my bits and pieces.
Janet's surprise 60th birthday party at Tollesbury, to which I was secretly invited by her daughter-in-law Sue, was a great day, and the look of joy on her face when I turned up will live with me for a very long time (she was totally unaware that I was coming!).
We've had a few visitors this year, friends and relatives, Kate and Steve on their way home from Wales to Felixstowe, Tom and Catherine on their way down to Devon from Surrey, Sandy, Gareth and Sam from Australia doing England and Europe in 6 weeks, Ed and Junko on their way from Surrey to Wales, and my Mum has been to stay a couple of times for a few days.
And thats about it, simple pleasures make the best memories for me.

No comments: