Pages

Saturday 8 January 2011

251/365 Having a bit of a tidy up

. . . last evening, and I came across these pictures of my Dad, all taken quite some time ago. My Dad died in January 1969, and this photo is the very last one taken of him at my Auntie's house after my cousins wedding in November 1968. He is standing at the back in between his 2 younger brothers, with his older brother and 2 sisters seated.



In the one below, he is seated at the far left, I've no idea how old he would be, but I guess about 8 or 9, and the lady on the far right is my Nan, who would have been approx 40 years old!!!

3 comments:

Emma@christmascupboard said...

Loving the kids moody faces! They look like they have just had a telling off, lol...What a Fabulous photo! Another lovely post Joy xxx

Anonymous said...

Love the second photo ......

carol said...

I just love looking through old family photo's and hearing the stories behind them. My Dad once showed me a photo of his Aunt who was holding the biggest cat i'd ever seen. It was pure black and she called him Tibby. Guess what my 1st pet was when i was 8? A pure black cat called Tibby!

Carol
http://lifebutjustasiknowit.blogspot.com/