Pages

Sunday 9 January 2011

252/365 Cherry cup-cake hat

Once a week, usually about Thursday or Friday, I go through my stock and pull out the items for listing during the coming week, so I can get them photographed, edited and ready for listing. This week I came across this cherry cup-cake hat that I knitted last year, it had been listed in my old MISI shop, but it didn't sell. I was about to list it in my Folksy shop, when it suddenly occurred to me that it might be a nice thing to send to Marissa. As I had another knitted set to put in the post for her, I added this one in to the package, with a note saying that it could be put away until it fit her properly.
Yesterday evening I had a phone call from Junko to thank me for the package, which had arrived in the morning, and to say they loved the cherry cup-cake hat. Although it was slightly large for Marissa, as it was ribbed at the bottom it was a snug fit around her head so she was able to wear it now. Marissa is now 8 weeks old and growing away nicely, she sleeps for 5 hours at a time most nights, is now responding to smiles and making gooing and gurgling sounds, in fact she actually "spoke" to me on the phone! Wow. I missed out on seeing her over the Christmas/New Year holidays because of the snow and everyone's wise decision to stay put, so I am really looking forward to half-term week for my next trip to Surrey to see the Grandkids (and the sons, and D-I-Ls of course).



P.S. I have started another blog to chart my learning curve with Photoshop Elements 8 and improving crochet skills, followers would be more than welcome, click on highlighted word to take you there.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this hat, it is very Marie Antoinette! I am a really cake eater and the cake would really have gone to my head! I bet it looks fab on a teeny tot!

Chrissy C said...

Cute and so slimming too