Pages

Sunday 26 June 2011

Week 8/52 50-56/365

Devizes is a very interesting place to live, not least because of the Kennet and Avon Canal, which runs right through the centre of it. Almost every day that I leave my house I see the canal in one of her many moods, which I have tried to capture in these few images.

50/365 A lovely little steam boat chugging along in the sunshine



51/365 British Waterways workers clearing overgrown trees



52/365 The Wharf



53/365 Interesting barge names



54/365 A model canal barge, which used to live on the Green, but since it was kidnapped (or I guess, more correctly, boatnapped) last year is now placed out of harm's way in the allotments beside the canal.



55/365 Too wet and gloomy for canal pictures today, so instead a collage of family members from Bristol, Plymouth and Florida, who met for lunch at The George in Longbridge Deverill.



56/365 The first of my hydrangeas to bloom

No comments: