Pages

Sunday 24 July 2011

12/52 78-84/365

Mostly its been wet this week, so not much chance to get out and about with the camera.

78) Rog bought a box of wine earlier this year, we still have a few bottles left - unusually!



79) Rain, on the bedroom window




80) Waiting in the car in Morrisons carpark, thinking how dull the scenery was, when I noticed that even in this boring scenario, the variety of colours and textures is quite surprising.




81) Cherhill monument, from a moving car, in the rain.



82) An unusually dry day. Thankfully we haven't had many wasps so far this year, but this one was sat on the top of the fence, munching away at the wood.



83) Made some sausage rolls, using home made flaky pastry for the first time in many years (its so time consuming that I usually just make short crust, but Rog specifically requested flaky this time). The filling was pork and red onion sausage meat specially mixed for me by the lovely Gerry, of the Butchers Dog. I think I made about 50, and they were so delicious they have already all gone, and there are only 3 of us at home at the moment!



84) On the way home from a quick trip to Salisbury, we stopped at the Royal Oak, in Easterton for a quick refresher, and sat at this lovely table.

1 comment:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

I buy the flaky pastry frozen and have good success with it...cuts the time (and tastes much better than my own efforts...I'm not much of a pastry chef!). Your photo of the wasp is great!