Pages

Friday 5 August 2011

Its that time of year again . . .

. . . when the world descends on Wiltshire to see the crop circles. This is our 4th summer here and until now I've not been up close and personal to a single one, so today was a first for me. I had heard from a friend that there was a small circle below the White Horse, so we went up to the top of the hill to look down on it, only to discover that above the horse was a much larger and more interesting one, you can view aerial photos here. Oli and I walked across the field along the tractor tracks until we came to the circles, but I have to admit that what we saw at ground level no way did justice to the magnificence of the artistry.



















4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pics! What a mystery!

Chrissy C said...

I love these patterns - such clever people and under the cover of darkness too - they need an award for this artwork - poor farmer tho, bless him.

Sugarplum Kawaii said...

Intriguing...super photos too!

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Great photos...a really interesting post!