Pages

Wednesday 28 November 2012

As winter approaches . . .

. . . and days get shorter, much shorter, and gloomier, it becomes imperative to cut back the masses of growth on the pergola just outside the kitchen window, so that we can make the most of the available daylight (as well as clearing a great big jumbled mess and to encourage stronger growth in the spring).

The process took a while, as several attempts were needed, but its done now . . .





. . . and, although it looks fairly drastic, the jasmine and the wisteria will benefit from the haircut and grow stronger next spring, plus we have daylight in the kitchen.

4 comments:

Chrissy C said...

Job well done - be lovely to see a photo next year in full bloom

Ellie Foster said...

Dear Joy
I always feel very virtuous when I have been doing some pruning. It is good to know that you have been helping the plants to flower beautifully next year. A good job well done!
Best wishes
Ellie

eileeninmd said...

My pergola looks much the same but I leave it because the birds like to hide in the tangled mess. I would love to have the scent of jasmine on my deck, my plant is a monster trumpet vine.

Emma@christmascupboard said...

I love your pergola. Hoping Hubby will build me one next year. My garden isnt sunny enough for Wisteria, shame because its one of my favourites.

You have reminded me that I need to get out in my garden and have a tidy up ready for Xmas xxx