Pages

Friday 7 December 2012

Beautiful Botanical Knits

Here is another book that I've been sent by F+W Media for review.



Its difficult to know where to start with this book. The author, Nora J. Bellows, is the creative mind behind all these wonderful creations, she is a knitter and comes from a long line of passionate gardeners, so has combined her love of plants - in particular, flowers - with her craft.


The unusual feature of her patterns is that there are no fixed needle sizes or yarns for you to use, you choose your own, so each flower can be tiny or huge or anywhere in between, depending entirely on your choice of materials.


The book includes instructions for 40 different flowers, I have just picked a small selection of my favourites to show.





The book comprises 176 pages, with 40 different flowers and 6 projects, beautifully illustrated with colour photos on every page. As you can see in the above picture and the cover, some of the flowers are shown real size with actual plant foliage, and sometimes its hard to spot where one ends and the other begins. I love this book, and despite saying in my last review that I didn't really have room for any more books, this one is definitely being added to my collection, and hopefully you'll spot some of my knitted flowers on my blog during the course of the next few months.


The book can be purchased here for only £9.73 (cover price £14.99)



I am linking this post to Green Day Friday at Raindrops and Daisies


6 comments:

chica said...

O livro deve ser lindo e interessante, com tantas flores e plantas. beijos,chica

Felipa Monteverde said...

Lovely flowers, great book!

Ailime said...

Olá, esse livro deve ser maravilhoso! As flores são uma dádiva de Deus e espalham-se por toda a parte! São um aroma para alma. Abraços. Ailime

Busy Little Chicken said...

That looks an interesting book Joy. I like the fact that you can use any yarn or needle size! Looking forward to seeing your 'knitted' flowers!!

Hayu Maselli said...

hello Joy,

This book such a brilliant.Happy knitting to you.
i wish I knew how to knit ;) for sure such a fun to knit those flower patterns.
Have a great weekend

Vane M. said...

Boa ideia, ligar um livro sobre flores ao Green day...eu tenho um livro assim que ganhei de uma tia há muitos anos atrás. Um abraço!