Pages

Monday 18 March 2013

Seed Disks

I've never heard of these before, but I saw them in Poundstretcher the other day, £2.50 for a pack of 2, so I thought I would give them a go.


The idea is that you fill your hanging baskets almost to the top


and then place the disks in position. I decided that rather than have one blue basket and one yellow basket I would have two mixed baskets, so I cut the disks into quarters and placed them thus.


You then cover them, water, place in the greenhouse or somewhere warm, and wait. I guess if you come back in early June, I might be able to show you the end results hanging in my garden.

I am so desperate for it to warm up a bit, as these all need sowing, but its just too cold right now.


It is dry though, so I may venture outside this afternoon and do a bit more preparation on my second veg raised bed.

7 comments:

Raindrops and Daisies said...

They sound like a great idea Joy.

Hope they flourish for you.

Unknown said...

I saw them last year and bought two, gave one to my mother and father in law and kept one, theirs grew mine didn't lol. Theirs did look good. Good luck with yours. x

Ellie Foster said...

Dear Joy
It will be really interesting to see how they do. I look forward to seeing their progress in June. I have loads of seeds waiting to be sown too, and plants to move and various things to sort out but it is just too cold!
Best wishes
Ellie

Busy Little Chicken said...

I can't wait for it to get warmer too Joy...my little seedlings are starting to come up in my work room, and I also have loads of seeds to get set on my allotment!! Come on sunshine!! :)

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Those look interesting - can't wait to see what they look like blooming.

Shirley said...

I don't have a garden, so I live my gardening gene through other gardens, can't wait to see what happens with these.

Lizzy said...

Keep us updated as to how they do!