Pages

Sunday 6 September 2015

Five in five on five

On the 5th day of each month Sandie at itchifingers invites us to join in with her, here is my post for September.

Last week GM and I enjoyed a day at the races. Salisbury has quite a small course, it doesn't host any major races, most of the meets are for novice horses and young jockies - I think this young man will go far.


We were only in the cheap enclosure but still had very good views of the horses as they made their way down to the start.


This course, as with most others, is as flat as it can be given the geography of the area, however there is still a gradual climb to the finishing line.


Here you can see the winner and the second placed horses approaching the finishing line, but not the one I chose to back, she finished second-to-last!


Still, at least that means I can have a consolation ice-cream.


To join in, and/or view other posts, please see here

4 comments:

helena said...

great feeling of the energy of a racecourse - love the little boy with his toy horse

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a good day. x

Sandie said...

What a great day! I love the little chap wearing his horse, and the photo of the track is stunning with the contrast sky. Thank you for sharing these and taking part Joy. I enjoyed seeing these.

Maggie said...

I like the little chaps horse! Sorry you didn't win but I am sure the ice cream made up for it!