Wednesday, 17 May 2017

Bucket List, Hot Stones Massage

Just short of two weeks into the year, and I've already achieved one of the items on my bucket list, although to be fair it was booked up a while ago, so I knew it would happen. I've had a Hot Stones Massage, and very enjoyable it was, too.

For those of you who have never tried this, I would urge you to give it a go. It's a bit like a normal aromatherapy massage except that it lasts twice as long, feels twice as good and the masseuse uses the hot stones and her hands, as well as placing the hot stones on various parts of the anatomy.

This is a whole body massage (apart, obviously, from the private bits) lasting 90 minutes, and I was lucky enough to be able to choose my background music - I can't imagine anything nicer than being massaged to the "Elvira Madigan" theme and other Mozart piano pieces, but each to his own.

I took a couple of photos but the room had very low lighting and I forgot to change my camera settings, so they are a bit blurry, but if you google Hot Stones Massage it will give you an idea of the size and nature of the stones.



I was very fortunate that as GM had no idea what to give me as a birthday present he very generously offered to pay for this treatment, and also another one, so I'll be going back next month for a second go. If any of you are close to Warminster and would like to have a go yourself, please leave a comment and I'll put you directly in touch with Jen.

3 comments:

Sandie said...

I had a hot stone massage last week I treated myself, after seeing an offer on Wowcher. Mine was good but the masseur kept interrupting the different stages by just walking away, leaving me wondering what was happening next. I liked the hot stones a lot but her technique was left wanting. Glad yours was better.

Eileen T said...

I like the sound of this. I'll seriously think about booking a session for myself.

I'll email you tomorrow.

Kezzie said...

I had one of these on holiday and really enjoyed it although I wish the massage had been a bit heavier- I have SUCH tense shoulders!! Gladyou enjoyed it!