Pages

Thursday 30 November 2017

Bucket list countdown.

One of the items on my bucket list of things to do before my 70th birthday was to go to a Premier League football match to see my second favourite football team, Southampton. (Fulham Football Club is my first love, and will, hopefully, be back in the Premier League one day).

I achieved this last weekend, when GT and I went to St. Marys to see Saints v. Everton.



We got down there pretty early in order to get the car parked up fairly close to the stadium, so with time to kill we took a walk around before we went in. We came across a fair few interesting characters.




This last is an Everton supporter who apparently travels to all the away matches very scantily clad. What you can't see is a backpack stuffed full of money that he raises for charity. Added later - you can read all about him here http://www.prideofsportawards.co.uk/history/2017/mick-cullen

Naturally I was too busy watching the match to take any photos during play, but when the players came on to the pitch for a warm-up session I was delighted that the Everton players warmed up just in front of us. You can say what you like about Wayne Rooney, but you can't argue with his footballing record.



. . . and there is my very cold friend.


It was a cold day, but we enjoyed the game, and the result was good - Saints 4, Everton 1. I lost my voice from shouting and screaming so loudly after our 4th goal. Thanks to GT for coming with your mum to fulfil a dream.


2 comments:

Kezzie said...

Ooh, how exciting Joy! I am glad you had a nice time! OOOh, that guy looks super chilly!!

KC'sCourt! said...

Love the Letterbox

Hope you had a great time

Julie xxxxxxxxxx